PICCsox® PICC line covers are medical armbands designed to hold in position, cover and protect PICC (peripherally inserted central catheter) placed in a patient’s arm. PICCsox® are worn as an outside garment to protect the PICC from dislodgement or accidental removal. Dislodgement is one of the most frequent issues associated with PICC’s which often causes patients to be re-admitted to hospital for re-insertion of the device.
PICCsox®, made from a bamboo blend, assist in holding the PICC in position. They also protect the sterile dressing by providing a hypoallergenic barrier, helping protect against harmful germs and ensuring the area stays dry and clean. PICC Line Cover Protectors protects and covers your PICC Line and helps prevent pulling and/or displacement.
- Hypoallergenic bamboo blend
- Latex free
- Antimicrobial protection using Silpure
- Easy to wear
- Durable, reusable, washable
- Easy care
- Mesh window for visibility
- Easy access and visibility
- Suitable for overnight wear – non compression
- Comfortable, attractive design
- Six sizes
- Australian owned
- ISO 9001:2015 certified
Please measure your arm before PICC line insertion. Otherwise, your PICCsox may be too loose after the swelling goes down.
|C1||X Small||16 – 20 cm|
|1||Small||21 – 25 cm|
|2||Medium||26 – 30 cm|
|3||Large||31 – 35 cm|
|4||X Large||36 – 40 cm|
|5||2X Large||41 – 45 cm|
View size guide page for more information.
The fit of your PICCsox should be snug but not too tight. Select the correct sizing so as to easily fit the PICCsox® without excessive pressure. If you are between two sizes, select the smaller size. (6 stock sizes available, see size guide).
If you are currently wearing a PICCsox® given to you by one of our hospital partners, the size label is located inside the PICCsox®.
Instructions for Use
- Ensure the PICCsox® is placed over the PICC with the netting (window) covering the PICC dressing & central to the PICC.
- Fit should be snug but not too tight. Select the correct sizing so as to easily fit the PICCsox® without excessive pressure. If you are between sizes, select the smaller size. (6 stock sizes available, see size guide).
- We recommend two or three PICCsox® in rotation per patient.
- Discard and replace the PICCsox® if it becomes soiled or damaged.
- If any redness, pain, skin irritation or swelling occurs, discontinue use and consult your physician or health professional immediately.